Responsible for taking care of the company day to day financial tasks. Responsible for both accounts payable and receivable along with payroll and bank account management and reconciliation tasks.
At IOTAS, our customers rely on hardware to make their IoT projects successful. We facilitate that process by directly supplying our Hubs, but also ordering and maintaining inventory of our partner’s smart locks, thermostats, switches, and more. Accurate and timely deliveries are critical for our customer’s construction and installation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Record day to day Financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Reconcile Sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401K and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitor financial transactions and reports.
- Process accounts receivable and payable.
- Process checks and understand ledgers.
- Handle bi-monthly payroll using accounting software.
- Maintain Inventory Accuracy – Counts materials, merchandise, or supplies in stock, and maintains in an online tool. Reports discrepancies between physical counts and online records. Analyze current inventory levels, future order requirements, and order lead time to determine ordering quantities and timeline
- Process Improvement – Developing or improving upon inventory management procedures.
- Order Processing and Shipping – Packaging and shipping, during which you will be required to reach, move and lift boxes and other items up to 50 pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time and work in an environment that involves repetitive motions (preparing items for shipment, packaging, sorting, etc.).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree in accounting. Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- High School diploma.
- At least one year accounting experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- IOTAS is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.