Meet IOTAS – At IOTAS, we make apartments – and buildings – smart. Residents want smart devices all connected on a single platform. Building owners want a turn-key smart home solution that can be integrated at scale and enhance net operating income.
Our smart home technology platform delivers a fully-connected experience for residents and property managers alike – integrating the power of IoT directly into multifamily units. With this premium offering, owners and operators attract and retain tenants at premium rents while simultaneously lowering utility and operational costs. Residents benefit from immediate access to smart home technology upon move in – and can manage their units from one app, featuring voice control and automation.
Our culture is passionate about delivering best-in-industry multi-family smart home solutions. We seek smart, innovative, team players willing to roll up their sleeves and ensure customer success while continuously growing and adapting to the ever-changing industry landscape.
As an individual contributor or leading a team of sales managers, you’ll be a quota-carrying member of our sales team. You’ll be responsible to develop and contract new partners, sales agents and resellers, for distribution of IOTAS products and solutions, and to work with colleagues to ensure overall company and – most importantly, client success. You’ll have a geography and market segments of large real estate development firms, multifamily owner/operators, ownership groups, and third party property management companies to focus on and target. Initially, you’ll work as an individual contributor, however as the company grows you may lead a small team of sales managers. You’ll be measured by sales booked and payments received from the partners and customers you contract with to sell IOTAS company products.
- Proven track record of delivering results and performance in channel resale, indirect, and or third-party sales distribution, primarily focused on acquiring new account business.
- Consultative, value-based selling experience required – minimum of 5 or more years preferred in technology sales.
- Enterprise software sales experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a variety of environments to gain understanding with buyers and key executive decision makers. Ability to communicate effectively via video conferencing services required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop selling, negotiation, and closing strategies, and translate to planning and execution.
- Excellent follow up skills with a high comfort level to follow processes and a strong ability to deliver results.
- Experience in leading and managing sales professionals and teams preferred.
- Experience with CRM tools strongly preferred – and willingness to fully utilize our CRM tools (SalesForce/SalesLoft) – with a high level of accountability around reporting and recording daily activities required.
- Multi-family and/or real estate industry experience strongly preferred, but not mandatory.
- Strong drive to strive for excellence balanced with collegiality and “team player” qualities.
- Reliable and professional attitude and approach to the work environment.
- Willingness to work either out of our Portland, OR headquarters, or fully remote from home office, some travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or commensurate sales/industry background/experience required.
- Willingness to take part in an intensive 2-week on-boarding program, in-person or via video conference.
- Flexible time off
- Health coverage
- Stock options
- Attractive base salary plus commission compensation structure
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter our way and we’ll take it from there.