IOTAS provides industry-leading smart device packages, home automation software, and property management tools to multi-family properties across the U.S. Our hardworking and growing team thrives in the dynamic IoT industry by emphasizing creativity, teamwork, and integrity.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at IOTAS you will be responsible for architecting, designing and building the applications and communication stack for all of the hubs IOTAS has deployed in the field. A successful candidate should have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and be passionate about IoT and all things smart home.
- You love to learn, develop new skills, and are a creative problem solver
- You enjoy learning the intricacies of complicated systems and strive to be a subject matter expert.
- Enjoy delivering useful software and are able to triage feedback from users.
- Willing to collaborate across teams and add to the workplace culture.
- You are able to succeed in a startup environment.
- Design, build and maintain software that gets distributed to edge compute devices
- Deploy, manage, and monitor a large fleet of IoT devices.
- Become the go to Zigbee subject matter expert, helping to debug communication issues between third party devices and our hub
- Works closely with quality assurance in identifying and resolving bugs
- Collaborate with product, backend, data, and devops teams
- Approach everything with a security first mindset
- Firm grasp of networking protocols
- Z-Wave or Zigbee experience
- Comfortable automating and managing embedded linux distributions
- Experience with IoT fleet management (E.G: Ubuntu Core, Mender, SWUpdate) is a plus
- Intricate knowledge of Linux internals (E.G: bootloaders, file systems, kernel) is a plus.
- Experience with Yocto is a plus.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- IOTAS is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Full-time Position
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid time off