IOTAS provides industry-leading smart device packages, home automation software, and property management tools to multi-family properties across the U.S. Our hardworking and growing team thrives in the dynamic real estate industry by emphasizing creativity, teamwork, and integrity.
- You love to learn, develop new skills, and are a creative problem solver
- You are comfortable working with product to prioritize and organize engineering work
- Have a passion for working with IoT devices
- Love to deliver useful software and respond to feedback from the people who use it
- You know how to work well with people and understand the importance of building collaborative relationships
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- You are driven by the team’s success
You will lead the IOTAS backend team which is responsible for architecting, designing and building the core of the IOTAS IoT platform. You should be conversant in AWS, Java, NodeJS, Postgres and Docker. You’ll provide engineers with coaching, mentorship, and support: holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, and resolving any conflicts that arise. The team is small to start, so most of your day will be spent in the code. Over the next year you will spend time growing the team to support our future roadmap. You must be highly committed to ensuring the quality and reliability our users expect from their smart home is consistently being met.
- Build the next generation IoT platform for smart multi family solutions
- Create and maintain backend API services to support both internal and external customers
- Grow the backend team based on our upcoming product roadmap and support needs
- Collaborate with product, design, front-end, data, and devops teams
- Build and maintain software that gets distributed to edge compute devices
- Design everything with a security first mindset
- Managing and developing reports
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs as a service both internally and externally
- Deploying and operating services-oriented platforms on AWS infrastructure
- Managing and interacting with a relational database
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- IOTAS is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Full-time Position
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter our way and we’ll take it from there.