Seventh Annual Award Honors Women Founders for Outstanding Accomplishments in Cloud and Emerging Technologies, with Hosts Facebook Production Engineering, Partners Office of the Cloud, and Techstars, and Sponsors Facebook, Intel, and Google.
CloudNOW, the executive consortium for the leading women in cloud and converging technologies, today announced the winners of the seventh annual Top Women Entrepreneurs in Cloud Innovation Awards.
The awards are presented in partnership with Office of the Cloud, a nonprofit cloud leadership initiative sponsored by Kaizen Technology Partners, and Techstars, the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. The awards are sponsored by Facebook, Intel and Google, and the ceremony will be hosted by Facebook Production Engineering at the Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, California on January 29. Bospar Public Relations once again serves as PR Support Sponsor.
“This year’s awards marks a significant shift in the industry with the proliferation of women entrepreneurs who are stepping up and leading venture-funded technology companies,” said Jocelyn DeGance Graham, founder of CloudNOW. “We applaud the achievements of our winners, and thank them for blazing trails for diversity, inclusion and entrepreneurship. We also honor our STEM scholarship recipients as we work together to support the next generation of tech leaders.”
This year’s Top Women in Cloud Award winners are (in alphabetical order):
- Sarah Gerweck, founder and chief architect of AtScale
- Tongtong Gong, co-founder and COO of Amber Data
- Edith Harbaugh, founder and CEO of LaunchDarkly
- Brynne Kennedy, founder and CEO of Topia
- Katherine Kostereva, founder and CEO of bpm’online
- Catherine Krow, founder and CEO of Digitory Legal
- Idit Levine, founder and CEO of solo.io
- Sce Pike, founder and CEO of IOTAS
- Masha Sedova, co-founder and CEO of Elevate Security
- Charu Sharma, founder and CEO of Next Play
Additionally, two industry trailblazers will be recognized with Industry Excellence Awards:
- Sandy Carter, vice president of Amazon Web Services, for Excellence in Cloud Achievement
- Kelly Ireland, founder and CEO of CB Technologies, for Excellence in Entrepreneurial Achievement
Speakers at the awards ceremony will include:
- Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook
- Hadi Partovi, founder of Code.org; angel investor in Facebook, Dropbox, Airbnb and Uber
- Jenny Lawton, chief operating officer of Techstars
- Caroline Simard, Managing Director at Stanford University, Women’s Leadership Innovation Lab & Research Director of Clayman Institute of Gender Studies
- Jennifer Cloer, Creator and Executive Producer, The Chasing Grace Project
- Jessica Lin, co-founder and general partner at Work-Bench
- Kristina Shen, partner at Bessemer
- Jocelyn Goldfein, managing director of Zetta Venture Partners
- Jenny Fielding, Managing Director, Techstars and Kauffman Fellow
- Trina Van Pelt, Senior Managing Director, Intel Capital
The event will also feature CloudNOW’s STEM scholarship recipients from Holberton School and Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project. Last year’s scholars secured full-time employment as software engineers at Apple, Change.org, Pinterest, Adobe and more. We thank our STEM scholarship funders: Facebook, Google and Intel.
“The CloudNOW STEM scholarship program this year has doubled its support, awarding 50 percent more individuals with opportunities to pursue an education as a software engineer,” said Sylvain Kalache, co-founder, Holberton School. “We’re grateful for CloudNOW’s ongoing commitment to increasing opportunities in tech for women, minorities and the underprivileged.”
To request an invitation to the event or to learn more about CloudNOW, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CloudNOW is a non-profit consortium of the leading women in cloud computing, providing a forum for networking, knowledge sharing, mentoring and economic growth, including a Future Leaders STEM Scholarship for women in tech. CloudNOW offers members the opportunity to creatively approach the technological challenges of cloud today, working in partnership with the tech industry and cloud thought leaders.
IOTAS is a Portland, Ore.-based Prop Tech company focusing on a smart apartment platform designed for the multi-family home industry, specifically Real Estate Developers and Asset Managers. The company enables property developers to easily and quickly install smart home technologies to enhance the residents’ experience with smart devices such as lighting control, temperature control, door lock control and multiple sensors. Residents control everything through their phones, via voice, or by automated scenes and routines. IOTAS also maximize operational efficiencies by giving property managers the ability to control and automate the entire building to lower utility bills, rent faster, and retain residents. For more information, visit www.iotashome.com or email contact at iotashome.com.